Pi Alpha Alpha
Pi Alpha Alpha is the global honor society formed to recognize and promote excellence in the study and practice of public affairs and administration. In its constitution, the organization dedicates itself to:
- encourage and recognize outstanding scholarship and accomplishment in public affairs and administration,
- promote the advancement of education and practice in the art and science of public affairs and administration, and
- foster integrity, professionalism, and creative performance in the conduct of governmental and related public service activities.
PAA membership identifies those with the highest performance levels in educational programs preparing them for public service careers. PAA honorary membership identifies those whose careers have best advanced the ideals of "integrity, professionalism, and creative performance" in public service.
The mission of PAA is advanced through the global organization and through the work of local Pi Alpha Alpha chapters established by collegiate programs in public affairs and administration which are affiliated with the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
Pi Alpha Alpha is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, the coordinating agency for collegiate honor societies which is dedicated to maintaining high standards for the recognition and promotion of academic excellence in higher education.
Admission criteria for Pi Alpha Alpha Columbus State University Chapter:
- Graduate status
- Must have completed at least 50 percent of the coursework required for MPA degree
- Graduate GPA of 3.70 or higher
For more information about Pi Alpha Alpha, contact:
Dr. Saerim Kim - Faculty Advisor
Ms. Raquel Aponte - Administrative Assistant
Phone: (706) 507-8441
Pi Alpha Alpha website: http://pialphaalpha.org/